Red Hat Open Source Day rewards with proprietary hardware. For the fourth time
The “Open Source Day” by Red Hat Italia is a yearly event in which the italian branch of that corporate Open Source champion:
- “offers a panoramic view of Open Source solutions and the innovation, strategic and economic advantages that come from them”
- because Open Source solutions, among other things,
- “prevent monopolies (vendor lock-in)”
- “favour the adoption of open, collaborative standards”
- “allow to influence technological evolution according to one’s own needs, regardless of suppliers”
- “promote a collaborative an knowledge interchange culture”
The above is an excerpt of the 2017 event announcement. Which, as you can see below, will be at least the fourth consecutive one in which Red Hat Italia will award participants with some of the most proprietary devices around. Please note the absence of anything like, e.g. Matchstick, “100% Linux compatible laptop, with Linux preinstalled”, or a Fairphone, in the screenshots:
(happy to publish any answer from Red Hat, of course!)
Open Source champion rewards followers with only proprietary hardware: http://stop.zona-m.net/2017/09/red-hat-open-source-day-rewards-with-proprietary-hardware.-for-the-fourth-time/
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- The "Death of Tumblr" is nothing but proof n. 99999....
- The Internet of Things? Yes, but ONLY if it is OPEN and ORGANIC
- Hugo: a GREAT website generator with a couple pieces missing
- Halloween in Italy: cultural appropriation, or imposition?
- The dark side of resurrecting species from extinction
- How to recover a post that is not even in Google's cache anymore
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...