Taylor Swift should be digital like Zendaya!
DRAFT: Thumbs up? No, no thumbs up for Taylor Swift.
If you search “Taylor Swift” with a search engine, almost all the first page of results is filled by results like this:
that is, links to her accounts on all major social networks. Her own home page is present too:
but almost disappears, in comparison. And Taylor Swift is even lucky. Many other public personalities have their own home page (when they dp have enough clues to still have one) appear after their social media accounts. And the real problem here is that it is a big, wasteful effort to post stuff on all those places at once. It would be much better, instead, if Taylor Swift could:
Be like Zendaya. Go POSSE
Last spring I discovered that, unlike Taylor Swift, Zendaya is doing the right thing on the Web that is, as I said: “Zendaya gets POSSE”!
POSSE just means ”(Publish (FIRST on your) Own Site, Syndicate Elsewhere)”. In practice, POSSE means keeping as many social media accounts as you want, but:
- publishing everything always on your own website first
- and only after that announce the link to what you just published on all the social networks where it may fit.
If it only impacted her, Taylor Swift could continue to not care about POSSE, and go on with her career. But, exactly because she is a celebrity millions of young people listen to, she would do a lot of good by practicing and endorsing POSSE.
And don’t forget RSS
RSS (Really Simple Syndication) is another extremely important open standard that makes it easier to avoid censorship, control and filter bubbles. So please, Taylor Swift: even before you go POSSE, make the RSS icon on your website visible, and actively promote it.
Commenting system (still under test!!!)
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- Calicut: How and Why Open Hardware and Open Source can and should be used in non-western countries
- La Comunificadora is back with some new, challenging projects
- About Marco
- Ahavel, the elusive entrepreneur
- eff astroturfing summary
- Palm Oil Factoids of 2019, and its next battle
- NextCloud 16 review
- Geopolitical take-away of the week, from UK, Italy and China
- Four ways to take DNS services in your hand and WHY do it
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...