Thanks Zendaya for doing the right thing on the Web
I had no idea who Zendaya is until 5 minutes ago. Then I discovered that she is doing something good.
It all started with this tweet:
A sprinkle of fashion tech magic? A show-stopping moment at the 2019 #MetGala came courtesy of @Zendaya , who arrived dressed in a @tommyhilfiger gown which not only had smoke streaming out of it, it also twinkled and slowly lit up from the bottom. #FashionTech #RedCarpet pic.twitter.com/Qy0pfWDHl4— Danni’s Bot (@DanniZMeunier) May 10, 2019
The tweet made me curious enough to search who on Earth this lady would be, leading me discover this statement on her own website (emphasis mine):
“Don’t be sad, I’m just moving everything to one place so it’s easier for everyone (including the android users out there) to access all my content. So everything will be the same, still free, just solely on Zendaya.com now! Ok love you guys and thanks for growing with me and supporting me as I figure out how to make connecting with y’all easier!“
(Publish (on your) Own Site, Syndicate Elsewhere)
Only your own real, plain old website gives you the freedom to reuse whatever you create everywhere, now and in the future, and making it available to whoever you want, on your conditions.
P.S: a proposal of mine to give everybody this possibility is here.
Image source: Elle.com
Commenting system (still under test!!!)
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- Calicut: How and Why Open Hardware and Open Source can and should be used in non-western countries
- La Comunificadora is back with some new, challenging projects
- About Marco
- Ahavel, the elusive entrepreneur
- Is DIY (urban) farming real or not?
- Palm Oil Factoids of 2019, and its next battle
- NextCloud 16 review
- Geopolitical take-away of the week, from UK, Italy and China
- Four ways to take DNS services in your hand and WHY do it
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...