Guess who may be testing new payment systems in India
Two months ago I signalled that little or no regulation may leave a powerful company free to not only lock up emerging markets in Asia, but also to control, in the same areas, new payment systems or distribution of information over mobile phones. That was two months ago.
Today, I saw this update of a post, published in the same period about what is one (more) step in exactly that direction:
“American social media giant Facebook is likely testing payments over its chat platform Messenger in India - if one is to go by its user interface inviting users to the platform. Facebook called it “a technical error” but two sources said it was clear the company is working towards payments on Messenger, as FactorDaily had reported in April.”
So please go back to carefully re-read [that post of mine]() and the one of which it is just a summary.
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- The "Death of Tumblr" is nothing but proof n. 99999....
- The Internet of Things? Yes, but ONLY if it is OPEN and ORGANIC
- Hugo: a GREAT website generator with a couple pieces missing
- Halloween in Italy: cultural appropriation, or imposition?
- The dark side of resurrecting species from extinction
- How to recover a post that is not even in Google's cache anymore
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...