Guess who may be testing new payment systems in India
Two months ago I signalled that little or no regulation may leave a powerful company free to not only lock up emerging markets in Asia, but also to control, in the same areas, new payment systems or distribution of information over mobile phones. That was two months ago.
Today, I saw this update of a post, published in the same period about what is one (more) step in exactly that direction:
“American social media giant Facebook is likely testing payments over its chat platform Messenger in India - if one is to go by its user interface inviting users to the platform. Facebook called it “a technical error” but two sources said it was clear the company is working towards payments on Messenger, as FactorDaily had reported in April.”
So please go back to carefully re-read [that post of mine]() and the one of which it is just a summary.
Commenting system (still under test!!!)
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- Calicut: How and Why Open Hardware and Open Source can and should be used in non-western countries
- La Comunificadora is back with some new, challenging projects
- About Marco
- Year of the Linux desktop still does not get it?
- The BEST part of "No YouTube for not commercially viable YOU"
- Palm Oil Factoids of 2019, and its next battle
- NextCloud 16 review
- Geopolitical take-away of the week, from UK, Italy and China
- Four ways to take DNS services in your hand and WHY do it
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...