Women, you are not emancipated unless you buy Smart Appliances
And you all knew this SIXTY YEARS AGO, as this picture proves beyond any reasonable doubt:
“You are not emancipated unless, of course, you have a modern electric range!”
is exactly the same that we all get these days, namely:
You are not emancipated unless, of course, you have modern Smart Appliances!
That picture from 1957 is an excellent reminder that the real message is, now as sixty years ago:
“you are not emancipated unless you buy everything we want you to buy THIS YEAR”
whereas the truth is that:
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- The "Death of Tumblr" is nothing but proof n. 99999....
- The Internet of Things? Yes, but ONLY if it is OPEN and ORGANIC
- Hugo: a GREAT website generator with a couple pieces missing
- Halloween in Italy: cultural appropriation, or imposition?
- The dark side of resurrecting species from extinction
- How to recover a post that is not even in Google's cache anymore
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...