Women, you are not emancipated unless you buy Smart Appliances
And you all knew this SIXTY YEARS AGO, as this picture proves beyond any reasonable doubt:
“You are not emancipated unless, of course, you have a modern electric range!”
is exactly the same that we all get these days, namely:
You are not emancipated unless, of course, you have modern Smart Appliances!
That picture from 1957 is an excellent reminder that the real message is, now as sixty years ago:
“you are not emancipated unless you buy everything we want you to buy THIS YEAR”
whereas the truth is that:
Commenting system (still under test!!!)
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- Calicut: How and Why Open Hardware and Open Source can and should be used in non-western countries
- La Comunificadora is back with some new, challenging projects
- About Marco
- Venezuela and Bolivia: do they make a clue, or already a pattern?
- "Year of Linux desktop" still misses crucial issue
- Palm Oil Factoids of 2019, and its next battle
- NextCloud 16 review
- Geopolitical take-away of the week, from UK, Italy and China
- Four ways to take DNS services in your hand and WHY do it
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...