THIS is all you need to know about Cambridge Analytica
In my humble opinion, THE one thing you should know about the Cambridge Analytica scandal is that…
A private organizations allegedly messes up with elections…
Cambridge Analytica (CA) is a privately held company accused of “Facebook-Powered Election Cheating” building a system that could “profile individual US voters in order to target them with personalised political advertisements.”
And the ones who have immediately stop it are…
NOT a judge who issued some court order, accourding to rule of law. It was those who have the real power to do it: ANOTHER private company, de-facto accountable only to its own stockholder(s):
“We have suspended Cambridge Analytica from our platform for a clear violation our policies. They cannot buy ads or administer its clients’ pages.” says a Facebook VP.
Think to that. Yes, it’s not the first time that certain private companies force government to trust them on the most critical processes of democracy. But it’s still bad. Real bad. And NO, please don’t repeat that “it’s time to regulate Facebook etc..”: it would not make sense.
Commenting system (still under test!!!)
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- Calicut: How and Why Open Hardware and Open Source can and should be used in non-western countries
- La Comunificadora is back with some new, challenging projects
- About Marco
- EU and China must help the world to do the RIGHT thing
- Don't break up Big Tech? Of course
- Palm Oil Factoids of 2019, and its next battle
- NextCloud 16 review
- Geopolitical take-away of the week, from UK, Italy and China
- Four ways to take DNS services in your hand and WHY do it
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...