Facebook and Google forcing countries to trust them
Please have a look at this scary title, just appeared on the Web:
If you really believe that it says “Facebook is sharing its data with Google as the search giant reviews potential Russian meddling in the 2016 election”… please read again.
What is really written in the title of that piece is:
“Verification that democracy works as advertised is now officially delegated to corporations that nobody elected, but may basically declare whatever THEY want about the data THEY hold. Governments, Open Government, Open Data… don’t really matter anymore”.
This should really worry you. Even if Facebook were not as easy as it is to “be weaponized to spread misinformation and fraudulent content”. And even if voting weren’t already so ridiculously hard in the USA, or so snobbed in many “first world” countries.
Commenting system (still under test!!!)
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- 5000 concepts for Europe: update 2020/06/23
- The 2020 USA elections are safe
- Palm Oil Factoids of 2019, and its next battle
- NextCloud 16 review
- Geopolitical take-away of the week, from UK, Italy and China
- Four ways to take DNS services in your hand and WHY do it
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...