5000 concepts for Europe? The first one is...
In the first 12 hours from its actual public announcement, my proposal of a “5000 concepts for Europe” book yeld some unexpected (for me, at least) results.
The first thing I did not expect is that the call for an Italy-specific version of the same book got much more suggestions than this one, which should serve all Europeans: 40+ suggestions against one! I have comparable numbers of Italian and non-Italian contacts on Facebook, Twitter and online in general, so I did not expect this, quite the contrary actually. If you have an explanation, I’d love to hear it!
The second thing is the nature of those 40+ suggestions from/for Italy: very focused on the present (just 2 historical personalities, Julius Caesar and Columbus) and many concepts focused on individual qualities or problems, e.g. irony, empathy, self-knowledge… I wonder how and how much the suggestions for Europe will be different.
And the FIRST suggested concept for Europe is…
Algorithm. yes, Algorithm. Not bad, in these times, if you ask me.
Do you agree? Which concept(s) do you consider most important, instead? Thank you in advance for suggesting them here, and see you at the next update. To know how you can help, please read the first FAQ.
Commenting system (still under test!!!)
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- Calicut: How and Why Open Hardware and Open Source can and should be used in non-western countries
- La Comunificadora is back with some new, challenging projects
- About Marco
- EU and China must help the world to do the RIGHT thing
- Don't break up Big Tech? Of course
- Palm Oil Factoids of 2019, and its next battle
- NextCloud 16 review
- Geopolitical take-away of the week, from UK, Italy and China
- Four ways to take DNS services in your hand and WHY do it
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...