5000 concepts for Europe? The first one is...
In the first 12 hours from its actual public announcement, my proposal of a “5000 concepts for Europe” book yeld some unexpected (for me, at least) results.
The first thing I did not expect is that the call for an Italy-specific version of the same book got much more suggestions than this one, which should serve all Europeans: 40+ suggestions against one! I have comparable numbers of Italian and non-Italian contacts on Facebook, Twitter and online in general, so I did not expect this, quite the contrary actually. If you have an explanation, I’d love to hear it!
The second thing is the nature of those 40+ suggestions from/for Italy: very focused on the present (just 2 historical personalities, Julius Caesar and Columbus) and many concepts focused on individual qualities or problems, e.g. irony, empathy, self-knowledge… I wonder how and how much the suggestions for Europe will be different.
And the FIRST suggested concept for Europe is…
Algorithm. yes, Algorithm. Not bad, in these times, if you ask me.
Do you agree? Which concept(s) do you consider most important, instead? Thank you in advance for suggesting them here, and see you at the next update. To know how you can help, please read the first FAQ.
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- The "Death of Tumblr" is nothing but proof n. 99999....
- The Internet of Things? Yes, but ONLY if it is OPEN and ORGANIC
- Hugo: a GREAT website generator with a couple pieces missing
- Halloween in Italy: cultural appropriation, or imposition?
- The dark side of resurrecting species from extinction
- How to recover a post that is not even in Google's cache anymore
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...