Copyright, site policies and legal info
- Miscellaneous Legal Info
PREFACE: the European Union saw an actual and very, very serious problem, that is people continuously tracked online in many ways, including “cookies”… and “fixed” it in a terrible way. Italy, where I am based, made it worse. Instead of mandating the addition of cookie management functions in all the very few Web Browsers you may use, it decided to force every website you visit to annoy you with “cookie information” info banners as follows (see the service request below!). Sorry, and here it is:
All the content of this website, unless explicit declared in the body of a specific page, is “Copyright 2001 or later Marco Fioretti, All Rights Reserved”. Yes, the current copyright regime is terrible, but whoever made you believe that “if something is online is in the public domain” told you the biggest lie on the Internet. Really. In practice, this means that, unless otherwise noted in some page:
- You are very welcome to use _short excerpts _of **any **page, if completed with both attribution and link to the original page here.
- You are very welcome to print by yourself copies of single pages, to hand them out to people without Internet access, or to put them on your office billboard, or similar places
- But you are NOT ALLOWED to copy whole pages of this website anywhere else. Copying whole pages is NOT Fair Use in all practical cases, INCLUDING “non commercial” ones.
- When I find unhautorized copies of my writings online, I don’t waste time with lawyers, DMCA takedowns and such. I follow this much simpler and, so far, much more effective procedure instead, and I invite everybody to do the same
The reasons why I say and do this, while being at the same time an advocate for “Free as in Freedom” culture, have nothing to do with the ridiculous ones inside those anti-“piracy” warnings we are all forced to endure whenever we watch a movie in a theater, or on DVD. Those reasons are explained here. Please read them, you may not have thought about them before.
Like many other Web sites, stop.zona-m.net makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Miscellaneous legal info
- Webmaster: Marco Fioretti
- Copyright 2001-2017: Marco Fioretti
- Email: email@example.com
- P. IVA: 10373251007
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- Calicut: How and Why Open Hardware and Open Source can and should be used in non-western countries
- La Comunificadora is back with some new, challenging projects
- About Marco
- The myth of passive social media users, and their war on absence
- WHO can AFFORD not to fly in 2020? People or companies?
- Geopolitical take-away of the week, from UK, Italy and China
- Two surely unrelated primacies the USA can be proud of
- Four ways to take DNS services in your hand and WHY do it
- DNS glossary and tricks
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...