Join the personal websiteverse!
Please do. It will never be too early.
Every now and then I find somebody else explaining very well something I propose here. This is one of those days. Are you sick of today’s social media as you should? Good. I found a great post about the “personal websiteverse” solution, whose main points are that:
- There is one alternative to social media sites and publishing platforms that has been around since the early, innocent days of the web.
- It is an alternative that provides immense freedom and control: The personal website.
- It’s a place to write, create, and share whatever you like, without the need to ask for anyone’s permission.
- It is also the perfect place to explore and try new things… Regardless of what other people might think and although it might not work. Creation is free.
Continues here, please read it all, and try starting your own website today. Why?
Because, quoting again, it is essential to ”(re-)establish personal websites also as central elements of online discourse and as entry points for people who are new to the web community.”
Commenting system (still under test!!!)
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- Calicut: How and Why Open Hardware and Open Source can and should be used in non-western countries
- La Comunificadora is back with some new, challenging projects
- About Marco
- A certain dataset of objects is still online...
- decentralized twitter easier to govern?
- Palm Oil Factoids of 2019, and its next battle
- NextCloud 16 review
- Geopolitical take-away of the week, from UK, Italy and China
- Four ways to take DNS services in your hand and WHY do it
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...