EU and China must help the world to do the RIGHT thing
Because, as someone said, “We live in interesting times”.
D. Aray asks whether America’s Fossil Fuel Empire Collapsing, because “the era of an expanding global order built on fossil fuels has come to an end” and what will drive the world from now on is renewable energies technologies.
The reason I mention this here is his conclusions, which is directly connected to the main theme of this site, that is the impacts of digital technologies on society and the environment:
- [whatever its limits are] “ Europe’s Green Deal represents the beginning of this new era”
- that same deal “could be the answer to China’s cleantech ambitions”
- the resulting green EU-China partnership would provide the economies of scale and scope that the world desperately needs
Why? Because “Together, China and Europe could make it much cheaper for other regions in Asia, Africa, and Latin America to decarbonize”.
A noble and necessary endeavour. No doubt about that. As long as that partnership…
does not contribute to make the global “system” even more centralized, that is intrinsically unstable and brittle, than already is. Assuming that nuclear energy should enter the deal, for example, it should be nuclear energy with the RIGHT political impacts.
The technological and industrial side of such a challenge is huge. But of course it is much smaller than the regulatory/politic side.
Commenting system (still under test!!!)
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- Calicut: How and Why Open Hardware and Open Source can and should be used in non-western countries
- La Comunificadora is back with some new, challenging projects
- About Marco
- One month of COVID19, two weeks of lockdown
- Life, the Universe and Everything look closer from #italylockdown
- Palm Oil Factoids of 2019, and its next battle
- NextCloud 16 review
- Geopolitical take-away of the week, from UK, Italy and China
- Four ways to take DNS services in your hand and WHY do it
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...