Huh? 6G? 6G, already?
What are we going to do with 5G then?
We’re not even using 5G yet, and already 6G (sixth-generation wireless) is in the news.
The power of 6G
Working in conjunction with Artificial Intelligence, 6G will (quoting from here) “have big implications [in areas] such as”:
- autonomously determine where data storage, processing and sharing to occur in telecom networks
- support 1 terabyte per second (Tbps) speeds
- have big implications for many government and industry solutions in public safety and critical asset protection such as these six:
- Threat detection
- Health monitoring
- Feature and facial recognition
- Decision making (in areas like law enforcement and social credit systems)
- Air quality measurements
- Gas and toxicity sensing
Last but not least, 6G is expected to launch commercially in 2030.
In case you missed it…
You just read that a new, surely very expensive network, providing solutions half of which are the wet dream of any police state, will start hitting global markets only six years after the estimated moment when 5G “could cover to 65 percent of the world’s population”.
Sixth generation surveillance, coming soon to a still under construction, probably still unpaid 5G network near you. Yay! If this doesn’t make sense, what does?
Commenting system (still under test!!!)
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- 5000 concepts for Europe: update 2020/06/23
- The 2020 USA elections are safe
- Palm Oil Factoids of 2019, and its next battle
- NextCloud 16 review
- Geopolitical take-away of the week, from UK, Italy and China
- Four ways to take DNS services in your hand and WHY do it
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...