Software polarizes everything. Even sex
It would explain lots of things,wouldn’t it?
Young people make LESS sex today
- Teenagers (in the US and UK?) are better behaved and less hedonistic nowadays
- [Italian] millennials “make less sex than their peers in the same age bracket of twenty years ago”
- No sex, please, we are millennials
NO, they make MORE sex. And more extreme too
(sometimes just online, or often STARTING from there)
- “New Generation” Norwegian Boys “Don’t Dare to Go Out Without Viagra”
- Enough with “Porn Conditioned Boys” in Portland
More or less sex? Both, probably
My bookmarks contain many more entries of both types above. Plus entries that prove that BOTH views are crap, of course. Where, and what is the truth? My guess is that the truth is in both extremes.
No certainties here, just an hypothesis on which your feedback is very welcome!
My unscientific guess is that those digital technologies are doing exactly the same thing in the sexual sphere. In any age there have been people practicing wild, unrestrained “free sex” as wells as others practicing total abstinence. Once upon a time, maybe those two groups were (relatively) small extremes, with a large, heterogeneous “middle” in between. Maybe sexual activity went from one extreme to another much more gradually. Today, instead, software has destroyed the “middle”, pushing the majority of young people at one of the two extremes. What do you think?
Sure. Just don’t expect too much of it, if done always in the same ways:
Commenting system (still under test!!!)
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- Calicut: How and Why Open Hardware and Open Source can and should be used in non-western countries
- La Comunificadora is back with some new, challenging projects
- About Marco
- Amazon-for-bulk-commodity is coming
- The problem of crowdwork remains the crowd
- Palm Oil Factoids of 2019, and its next battle
- NextCloud 16 review
- Geopolitical take-away of the week, from UK, Italy and China
- Four ways to take DNS services in your hand and WHY do it
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...