You NEVER saw this if you are older than 27. No, 32. No...
Global warming? “Same Young, Same Young”.
Some global warming data released this week mean that, among other things,
“no one [who is today] under the age of 32 has ever experienced a cooler-than-average month on this planet.”
When I read that statement, I immediately thought “hey, I already read that article YEARS ago!”. Plagiarism? No, but I was right all the same, and I can prove it:
“[anywone who is now] 27 years old or younger [has] never lived through a month that was colder than average.”, said Grist in 2013.
2018 minus 2012 makes six. 32 -27 makes 5. In other (sad) words, 2018 is the new 2012, take or leave one year. What this new data tell us is that, as far as global warming is concerned:
- since 2012, things have continued to worsen, for the unlucky 27-years-old people of 2012
- and everybody else, of course
Why am I writing about this
Because my job is to study and popularize the impacts of digital technologies on education, ethics, civil rights and environmental issues. And because I am convinced that the RIGHT digital technologies can and should be a very big part of the right solutions to these problems.
Commenting system (still under test!!!)
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- Calicut: How and Why Open Hardware and Open Source can and should be used in non-western countries
- La Comunificadora is back with some new, challenging projects
- About Marco
- Relational organising is here to help you vote. Yay!
- Time to measure something else in the world
- Palm Oil Factoids of 2019, and its next battle
- NextCloud 16 review
- Geopolitical take-away of the week, from UK, Italy and China
- Four ways to take DNS services in your hand and WHY do it
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...