You NEVER saw this if you are older than 27. No, 32. No...
Global warming? “Same Young, Same Young”.
Some global warming data released this week mean that, among other things,
“no one [who is today] under the age of 32 has ever experienced a cooler-than-average month on this planet.”
When I read that statement, I immediately thought “hey, I already read that article YEARS ago!”. Plagiarism? No, but I was right all the same, and I can prove it:
“[anywone who is now] 27 years old or younger [has] never lived through a month that was colder than average.”, said Grist in 2013.
2018 minus 2012 makes six. 32 -27 makes 5. In other (sad) words, 2018 is the new 2012, take or leave one year. What this new data tell us is that, as far as global warming is concerned:
- since 2012, things have continued to worsen, for the unlucky 27-years-old people of 2012
- and everybody else, of course
Why am I writing about this
Because my job is to study and popularize the impacts of digital technologies on education, ethics, civil rights and environmental issues. And because I am convinced that the RIGHT digital technologies can and should be a very big part of the right solutions to these problems.
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- The "Death of Tumblr" is nothing but proof n. 99999....
- The Internet of Things? Yes, but ONLY if it is OPEN and ORGANIC
- Hugo: a GREAT website generator with a couple pieces missing
- Halloween in Italy: cultural appropriation, or imposition?
- The dark side of resurrecting species from extinction
- How to recover a post that is not even in Google's cache anymore
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...