The stupidest EU proposal that you can and want to block NOW
Here is my own humble summary of the stupidest idea you NEED to block now in Europe, in the simplest possible terms.
On June 20th, 2018, the Legal Affairs Committee of the European Parliament will vote on what has been defined an apocaliptycally STUPID proposal of copyright reform because it contains two articles (13 and 11) that are “poorly thought through, poorly drafted, unworkable—and dangerous”:
“The collateral damage [those articles] will impose on every realm of public life can’t be overstated. The Internet, after all, is inextricably bound up in the daily lives of hundreds of millions of Europeans and an entire constellation of sites and services will be adversely affected by Article 13. Europe can’t afford to place education, employment, family life, creativity, entertainment, business, protest, politics, and a thousand other activities at the mercy of unaccountable algorithmic filters”.
Two great ways to quickly understand why and how dangerous this copyright reform is are :
- this very simple “3 minutes summary” of the whole mess
- this “excellent visualisation of how EU copyright might look in a few years unless we manage to convince the European Parliament to stop this nonsense” (*):
If you are a European concerned about these proposals, here is a tool for contacting your European Parliament Representative and here is another.
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- Calicut: How and Why Open Hardware and Open Source can and should be used in non-western countries
- La Comunificadora is back with some new, challenging projects
- About Marco
- What is wrong with today's Intellectual Property, in one sentence
- The problem with AI? Sometimes is humans. Human PARENTS, that is
- Two surely unrelated primacies the USA can be proud of
- First World Luxury Problems
- Four ways to take DNS services in your hand and WHY do it
- DNS glossary and tricks
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...