The age of platforms
Platforms. Platforms everywhere.
Blockchain is a platform. Internet of Things is a platform. Smart Cities and open data are platforms. Cooperatives, to make sense, must be on or about platforms.
Platforms. Platforms everywhere (*). Everything is a platform. But when everything is a platform, nothing is a platform. Not a platform that actually accomplishes something, anyway.
Too many platforms, too few ideas. Especially big ideas, as Umair Haque recently said.
(*) and this, albeit independently conceived, is by no means the first post with this or an almost equal title. Just check on any search engine… I didn’t even have to generate myself the meme image, it was already online
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- One more proof that private Peak Car is here
- Limits and risks of "data as money"
- Two surely unrelated primacies the USA can be proud of
- First World Luxury Problems
- Four ways to take DNS services in your hand and WHY do it
- DNS glossary and tricks
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...