The age of platforms
Platforms. Platforms everywhere.
Blockchain is a platform. Internet of Things is a platform. Smart Cities and open data are platforms. Cooperatives, to make sense, must be on or about platforms.
Platforms. Platforms everywhere (*). Everything is a platform. But when everything is a platform, nothing is a platform. Not a platform that actually accomplishes something, anyway.
Too many platforms, too few ideas. Especially big ideas, as Umair Haque recently said.
(*) and this, albeit independently conceived, is by no means the first post with this or an almost equal title. Just check on any search engine… I didn’t even have to generate myself the meme image, it was already online
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- The "Death of Tumblr" is nothing but proof n. 99999....
- The Internet of Things? Yes, but ONLY if it is OPEN and ORGANIC
- Hugo: a GREAT website generator with a couple pieces missing
- Halloween in Italy: cultural appropriation, or imposition?
- The dark side of resurrecting species from extinction
- How to recover a post that is not even in Google's cache anymore
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...