Life as a Service is coming. Aren't you happy?
Amazon is now selling… something right out of a Sci-Fi movie. Nah, even better:
- These services “include all the equipment you would need and in-person visits from Amazon consultants to advise and install the kit. The packages are being sold in five price tiers, at a flat fee — no monthly service contracts, a significant disruption of how many home security services are sold today.”
- Amazon is quietly working on “offering repairs and installations of home WiFi, smart home devices, Alexa installations, and other hardware-related services”
- This positioning “as more than just a reseller of third-party devices” is considered an interesting development of Amazon’s “wider strategy to move into “selling services”
In case you hadn’t noticed, this really looks more and more like the Matrix, just on demand. Actually, this is Matrix as a Service or, more exactly, Life as a Service. The only difference with the Matrix of the movie:
is that the plugs to monitor and “feed” you are not in your body, but in every “device” attached to your life (home, car…). And we call them smart.
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- Calicut: How and Why Open Hardware and Open Source can and should be used in non-western countries
- La Comunificadora is back with some new, challenging projects
- About Marco
- The Matrix will start in in 2025
- Thanks Zendaya for doing the right thing on the Web
- Geopolitical take-away of the week, from UK, Italy and China
- Two surely unrelated primacies the USA can be proud of
- Four ways to take DNS services in your hand and WHY do it
- DNS glossary and tricks
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...