Life as a Service is coming. Aren't you happy?
Amazon is now selling… something right out of a Sci-Fi movie. Nah, even better:
- These services “include all the equipment you would need and in-person visits from Amazon consultants to advise and install the kit. The packages are being sold in five price tiers, at a flat fee — no monthly service contracts, a significant disruption of how many home security services are sold today.”
- Amazon is quietly working on “offering repairs and installations of home WiFi, smart home devices, Alexa installations, and other hardware-related services”
- This positioning “as more than just a reseller of third-party devices” is considered an interesting development of Amazon’s “wider strategy to move into “selling services”
In case you hadn’t noticed, this really looks more and more like the Matrix, just on demand. Actually, this is Matrix as a Service or, more exactly, Life as a Service. The only difference with the Matrix of the movie:
is that the plugs to monitor and “feed” you are not in your body, but in every “device” attached to your life (home, car…). And we call them smart.
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- The "Death of Tumblr" is nothing but proof n. 99999....
- The Internet of Things? Yes, but ONLY if it is OPEN and ORGANIC
- Hugo: a GREAT website generator with a couple pieces missing
- Halloween in Italy: cultural appropriation, or imposition?
- The dark side of resurrecting species from extinction
- How to recover a post that is not even in Google's cache anymore
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...