ALL intelligence "needs uncertainty". Not just "Artificial Intelligence"
Here is one of the “least expected research findings” of the century:
- “AI will make better decisions by embracing uncertainty.”
- other notable quote from that article: ArtificialIntelligence research shows that “To become truly intelligent, machines need a sense of the unknown”
Big deal. Who would have thought? So do human beings. Never forget it. Never trust human beings who are absolutely certain about everything they know, or do. As William of Baskerville says in “The Name of the rose”: “What terrifies you most in purity?” “Haste”
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- The "Death of Tumblr" is nothing but proof n. 99999....
- The Internet of Things? Yes, but ONLY if it is OPEN and ORGANIC
- Hugo: a GREAT website generator with a couple pieces missing
- Halloween in Italy: cultural appropriation, or imposition?
- The dark side of resurrecting species from extinction
- How to recover a post that is not even in Google's cache anymore
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...