ALL intelligence "needs uncertainty". Not just "Artificial Intelligence"
Here is one of the “least expected research findings” of the century:
- “AI will make better decisions by embracing uncertainty.”
- other notable quote from that article: ArtificialIntelligence research shows that “To become truly intelligent, machines need a sense of the unknown”
Big deal. Who would have thought? So do human beings. Never forget it. Never trust human beings who are absolutely certain about everything they know, or do. As William of Baskerville says in “The Name of the rose”: “What terrifies you most in purity?” “Haste”
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- Calicut: How and Why Open Hardware and Open Source can and should be used in non-western countries
- La Comunificadora is back with some new, challenging projects
- About Marco
- The myth of passive social media users, and their war on absence
- WHO can AFFORD not to fly in 2020? People or companies?
- Geopolitical take-away of the week, from UK, Italy and China
- Two surely unrelated primacies the USA can be proud of
- Four ways to take DNS services in your hand and WHY do it
- DNS glossary and tricks
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...