THIS post may be copyright infringement. Yes, THIS ONE
Yes, you read that right. This is one reason:
Despite years of precedent, a judge in New York has found that embedding a tweet can be copyright infringement. If this stands, it could endanger something Internet users rely on every dayhttps://t.co/Lgw3rTI55O— EFF (@EFF) February 17, 2018
And this is another:
This post may be copyright infringement, simply because it embeds those two tweets. Says who? A federal court in New York. This can be as bad as arguing that deep linking is wrong, and should be illegal. Because it is much, MUCH more likely to work as a censorship tool, than to reward and stimulate creativity. To know more, read the reports and comments by the Electronic Frontier Foundation and TechCrunch.
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- The "Death of Tumblr" is nothing but proof n. 99999....
- The Internet of Things? Yes, but ONLY if it is OPEN and ORGANIC
- Hugo: a GREAT website generator with a couple pieces missing
- Halloween in Italy: cultural appropriation, or imposition?
- The dark side of resurrecting species from extinction
- How to recover a post that is not even in Google's cache anymore
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...