How to customize the Facebook News Feed (infographic)
It is possible to customize what Facebook shows you in its News Feed. Here is how to do it, and above all WHY, explained in the simplest possible manner.
As of January 2018, the “Edit Preferences” interface of the Facebook News Feed has five sections. Here are their names, and an explanation of their purposes:
- Prioritize who to see first: Please help Facebook to control you better, for free. For example, by telling it which other users may e.g. influence you the most to buy something
- Unfollow people to hide their posts: Please help Facebook to control you better, for free. For example, by telling it how to narrow your vision of what is happening out there
- Reconnect with people you unfollowed: Please help Facebook to control OTHERS better, for free. The more you are all connected, the more data Facebook gets on everybody. If you are not the customer, your “friends” are the product
- Discover Pages that match your interests: Please help Facebook to control you better, for free. For example, by telling it which companies, or political parties, may be more interested in targeting you
- See more options: Please help Facebook to control you better, for free. You can do it in many more ways!
Last but not least…
PS: calling the picture above “infographic” is a really, really light critique to the tendency to call “infographic” every dull slideshow arranged vertically instead of horizontally, or any blob of pure text that would much more readable and shareable if it remained text, instead of being “shared” as a picture.
PPS: if you think this is the first thing people searching online “how to customize the Facebook News Feed” should see, you should link to this post from other web pages, social networks, and so on.
Commenting system (still under test!!!)
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- Calicut: How and Why Open Hardware and Open Source can and should be used in non-western countries
- La Comunificadora is back with some new, challenging projects
- About Marco
- EU and China must help the world to do the RIGHT thing
- Don't break up Big Tech? Of course
- Palm Oil Factoids of 2019, and its next battle
- NextCloud 16 review
- Geopolitical take-away of the week, from UK, Italy and China
- Four ways to take DNS services in your hand and WHY do it
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...