About "managing personal fabrication on a mass scale"
There is a post on the P2P blog about the (digital) Fabrication Divide which, on one point, is not entirely correct. I am talking of this specific sentence:
“The key question that hasn’t been asked is how will humanity manage personal fabrication on a mass scale”
That key question has been asked, by me and all the other members of the EU-funded DiDIY (Digital DIY) Project, ran from 2015 to 2017. We also provided some answers, which are listed below.
I do not say this to diminish the value of that post, or of the work behind it, nor to claim any kind of “primacy”! Quite the contrary, actually. I’ve written this post only to:
- share even more relevant resources with whoever is interested in these topics
- let everybody know that, as a minimum, both me personally and the Free Knowledge Institute (FKI), are still active in this field, and would love to work more with other partners with the same interests! To discuss how, just email me
Answers from (and beyond) DiDIY
“How will humanity manage personal fabrication on a mass scale?”
Some answers may be found in:
- the DiDIY Guidance Manual
- the DiDIY Creative Society Manifesto
- the report on DiDIY risks, synergies and education
- the guidelines about DiDIY public policies and social adoption of DiDIY
- this slideshow recently presented in India
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- Calicut: How and Why Open Hardware and Open Source can and should be used in non-western countries
- La Comunificadora is back with some new, challenging projects
- About Marco
- The myth of passive social media users, and their war on absence
- WHO can AFFORD not to fly in 2020? People or companies?
- Geopolitical take-away of the week, from UK, Italy and China
- Two surely unrelated primacies the USA can be proud of
- Four ways to take DNS services in your hand and WHY do it
- DNS glossary and tricks
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...