The background you should put on your smartphone
In the 80’s, we all laughed like crazy at this Pioneer commercial, thinking
“look at those idiots, with a screen helmet glued to their skulls”. Today, it’s not unlikely that you are reading these words of mine like these guys:
That’s not necessarily bad. Smartphones are wonderful, very powerful tools. But please, please read again this wonderful passage from 1984 and make of the image below the background of your smartphone:
As O’Brien passed the telescreen a thought seemed to strike him. He stopped, turned aside and pressed a switch on the wall. There was a sharp snap. The voice had stopped.
Julia uttered a tiny sound, a sort of squeak of surprise. Even in the midst of his panic, Winston was too much taken aback to be able to hold his tongue.
‘You can turn it off!’ he said.
‘Yes,’ said O’Brien, ‘**we can turn it off. We have that privilege.**’
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- The "Death of Tumblr" is nothing but proof n. 99999....
- The Internet of Things? Yes, but ONLY if it is OPEN and ORGANIC
- Hugo: a GREAT website generator with a couple pieces missing
- Halloween in Italy: cultural appropriation, or imposition?
- The dark side of resurrecting species from extinction
- How to recover a post that is not even in Google's cache anymore
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...