Online ads show one of the differences between men and women
About one month ago, following a discussion on Facebook about humiliating one’s ex-partner online, I asked: are men really the only ones to do it?. The question was, and still is, are women really so different from men in those particular case, and if yes, why?
Immediately after posting that article, I loaded it in my browser, as I always do, to check if it contained any formatting error. In that case, I also got an unexpected result. According to the ads that it decided to insert in the page after analyzing its text, Google too thinks that men and women are, indeed, profoundly different when they have to decide what to do next when a relationship ends. This is a snapshot of the two ads that I found side by side in my article when I first looked at it:
I’m sure this is significant somehow, but how exactly, I can’t honestly tell. Impressive, though, isn’t it?
Commenting system (still under test!!!)
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- Calicut: How and Why Open Hardware and Open Source can and should be used in non-western countries
- La Comunificadora is back with some new, challenging projects
- About Marco
- EU and China must help the world to do the RIGHT thing
- Don't break up Big Tech? Of course
- Palm Oil Factoids of 2019, and its next battle
- NextCloud 16 review
- Geopolitical take-away of the week, from UK, Italy and China
- Four ways to take DNS services in your hand and WHY do it
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...