What does the Stop logo mean, and who did it?
A few days after starting this website I was told that a logo could have made it look better and easier to remember. Thinking to how I could express graphically what Stop! / Zona.-M is all about I said:
if the idea is that this should be a place where one should stop to think clearly, by “filling” his or her brain with the ideas found on the website, couldn’t a gas pump with IDEAS in it instead of gas and filling a human brain be OK?”
The idea seemed to make sense, but in order to implement it… I should have been able to draw. Luckily, Paola Limone, one of the supervisors of the JumPC project quickly pointed me to somebody who was up to the task:: Betty Liotti, designer and webmaster of baby-flash, a website devoted to children with learning disabilities and to their support teacher, rich of tips and didactical exercises of several kinds, on several topics. Betty’s work has already been reviewed and described by others:
so here I’ll just renew my compliments to Betty for her work and thank her for drawing the Stop! logo
Commenting system (still under test!!!)
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- Calicut: How and Why Open Hardware and Open Source can and should be used in non-western countries
- La Comunificadora is back with some new, challenging projects
- About Marco
- Relational organising is here to help you vote. Yay!
- Time to measure something else in the world
- Palm Oil Factoids of 2019, and its next battle
- NextCloud 16 review
- Geopolitical take-away of the week, from UK, Italy and China
- Four ways to take DNS services in your hand and WHY do it
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...