Marriott Hotels, where "sharing" marries...
Do you need a privacy-enhanced hotel room? No problem.
It doesn’t matter if you need that room for a romantic evening, or a confidential business meeting: Marriott Hotels will be happy to “share” with you one of their spare rooms.
We already knew that Marriott participates in what only the clueless still call “sharing economy” by renting rooms on AirBnB. This month, Marriott announced plans to put in its rooms nothing less than Alexa, the Amazon’s device that, if cracked, may forward all the conversations it hears.
In other words, at Marriott Hotels the fake sharing economy marries the real surveillance economy. Isn’t that wonderful? Let’s have a worldwide GDPR (*) conference in some Marriott Hotel some day!
(*) GDPR is the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union
Commenting system (still under test!!!)
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- Calicut: How and Why Open Hardware and Open Source can and should be used in non-western countries
- La Comunificadora is back with some new, challenging projects
- About Marco
- EU and China must help the world to do the RIGHT thing
- Don't break up Big Tech? Of course
- Palm Oil Factoids of 2019, and its next battle
- NextCloud 16 review
- Geopolitical take-away of the week, from UK, Italy and China
- Four ways to take DNS services in your hand and WHY do it
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...