Kids traveling inside cars like rockets ready to launch or human airbags
If you have reached this page is probably because you followed from Facebook the URL in the photo below and then clicked on the “English” link:
The italian text at that URL is an open letter in which I ask Italians to pay much more attention than they are currently doing to the security of their children while driving. I am not publishing a full translation because, as far as I know, the letter as it’s written only applies to Italy, so this is just a short explanation of what that photo is about. The yellow silohuette in the photo, taken by the person sitting besides me that day, is a 6⁄7 year old kid that spent about 20 minutes while moving at 90 km/h on the highway walking and jumping from side to side on the back seat. Unfortunately, this particular kind of carelessness is still very common in Italy (you can see quite frequently adults standing on the front passenger seat with a toddler on their lap playing “human airbag”) and is one of the reasons why every 3 days a children dies in some car accident. So I wrote this letter to sum up how serious the problem of children traveling in cars is, providing as proof something I witnessed myself, and to ask for more attention to children safety while driving from now on.
You may also:
- Follow my courses on Free Software, Digital Rights and more
- Read my free ebooks and other publications
- Support this and my other works
- Calicut: How and Why Open Hardware and Open Source can and should be used in non-western countries
- La Comunificadora is back with some new, challenging projects
- About Marco
- What if we just outlawed INSTANTNESS in social networks?
- Thoughts on energy (3 of 3): The political impacts of renewables or nuclear
- Geopolitical take-away of the week, from UK, Italy and China
- Two surely unrelated primacies the USA can be proud of
- Four ways to take DNS services in your hand and WHY do it
- DNS glossary and tricks
- Save forests, not tigers or wolves
- What if that shooting guy had been a Thru...