- All the content of this website, unless explicitly noted, is copyright of the author, M. Fioretti, all rights reserved. Speficically, none of the articles here can be reproduced nor redistributed in its entirety through whatever online channel, be it inside social networks, posting the text on mailing lists, copying it on other websites and so on.
- The exception is for printouts of the single webpages. Printing for non commercial purposes the articles of Stop! from the browser without any modification and making printed paper copies of such printouts in whatever quantity, in order to directly hand them out to people is not only allowed, but encouraged.
- Publishing quotes of each page with direct links to the source, or simply linking to any part of this site, is very welcome!
Why? In a nutshell, the reason is this: I am an independent freelancer without any fixed income. I can only afford the server costs and, above all, the huge amount of time that are absolutely necessary to publish stuff that:
- 99.99% of the times is original stuff, never published online before, that took a not negligible amount of time to find, assemble and put in a decent, documented, readable form
- everybody can read gratis online without limitations, so there is no need or justification at all to make copies “in the name of culture”, because everybody can already read the full articles here
…if I get from this website at least enough money to pay the server and an even minimal part of my living (and I’m talking food and mortgage here, not yachts). If you copy whole pages from here to anywhere else online (including mailing lists, forums, Facebook, etc…), people will surely not read them here, where I can get some money from ads or donations. I also publish lots of important stuff with open licenses whenever possible, just look at all my public talks or at this Free Software tips &tricks website, but in this world I cannot afford it all the time. What you find here is here in this form only and exclusively because I need to pay the bills and I’d rather to do it in ways like this, rather than by only giving private lessons to the few people who can afford them. Copying whole pages from here makes putting more pages here unsustainable. This is reality, take it or leave it.
This is also why, whenever I find whole copies of pages from here somewhere else online, I first friendly ask the copier to remove them. And this is why, when that isn’t enough, I do all I can to have the copy removed by his or her provider and/or to publicly expose the copier as a real loser (as I already did, see here). When I find whole copies of some page here on other websites that have advertising, I also immediately contact the advertisers, to let them know that they are only getting negative advertising from giving money to such losers.
If you need any further explanation for this policy, feel encouraged to write to marco, at nexaima, dot; net